TRAIN OF ICE II
Ambato – Mocha – Urbina – Cevallos – Ambato.
This train combines scenery, culture and shopping in a journey that takes us from the temperate valley of Ambato to the Andean high plateau – known as paramo- of Urbina, more than 4,000 meters above sea level in the foothills of Chimborazo. There, the last Ice Merchant of Chimborazo and custodian of this ancient trade awaits us. Those willing to stay overnight in this unique place can book a comfortable room at the Train Mountain Lodge.
Friday – Saturday (motor truck)
08:00 to 17:00 – Passengers must arrive 30 mins before departure time
Standard Child / Senior Citizen / People with Special Needs $9,00*
* Rates for children apply from 2 years old to 11 years and 11 months old.
* Access to differentiated rates upon presentation of enabling documents.
2016 Rates and Departures are subject to change without prior notice.
¿What is included?
Train ticket, guidance through the journey, snack at Café del Tren in Urbina, Access to attractions and other visits detailed in the itinerary.
¿What is Extra?
Additional expenses not detailed in the itinerary.
Recommendations of travel:
- Clothing: A jacket for cold weather, comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen (SPF 70 at least), sunglasses, camera, and cash.
- Altitude: From 2,300 to 3,609 meters above sea level. Temperatures from 5 ° to 28°C.
- Important: Ambato is 150 km southbound from Quito, a 2hour drive approximately. NO parking area at the station.
Important notice: All itineraries are subjected to change due to force majeure or technical, operational circumstances. Please check our policy regarding refunds and cancellations. At Tren Ecuador we are committed to providing the best possible travel experience.