Lake Quilotoa is one volcano of the Ecuadorian Andes and part of the Illinizas Ecological Reserve. It is located at approximately 4 thousand meters above sea level. Inside the crater is the lake-filled Quilotoa caldera with a diameter of almost 9 km long and 250 m deep.
This water-filled depression shows intense turquoise and blue-green colors. Due to the minerals that it contains, life cannot flourish. Its temperature varies between 3 to 15 degrees Celsius. It is located near the town of Zumbahua, Saquisili and Pujili.
LAKE QUILOTOA TOUR – FULL DAY
- Our scheduled departure from Guayaquil is at 05H00, heading for Los Ilinizas Ecological Reserve along the Quevedo-La Mana-Zumbahua-Quilotoa road.
- 1st Stop: Toachi Canyon an impressive fault line, a giant canyon surrounded by paramo and pine forest.
- 2nd Stop: Shalala Viewpoint: In the Shalala community you can enjoy the pines and eucalyptus trees on the way up to observe the wonderful Lake Quilotoa.
- 3rd Stop: Quilotoa Community. Upon arrival we organize for the descent to the majestic lake. You can sail by boat around the lake.
- Climbing: Lunch. Short break.
- 4th Stop: Visit to the Tigua Community to meet the famous Tigua painters.
- Private tourist ground transportation throughout the tour to and from Guayaquil.
- 1 Breakfast.
- Entrance to the tourist attractions specified in the program.
- Professional guides assistance.
- Entertainment during the transportation.
- First aid kit.
- Travel insurance
DO NOT INCLUYE:
- Activities not specified in the program.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera
- Warm clothing
- Ski mask
- Comfortable shoes
- Trekking stick
- Location: Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Perfect for all ages and skill levels
- Duration: 1 day (approx.)